Mountain Mezzanine is the investment fund we use to make long-term debt investments in private companies.
Since 2013, we have invested more than $65 Million in companies based in the mountain west and across the western United States.
Three things make us different:
- Investment Size: While we have done deals up to $10 Million, we typically like to write checks of $1 -7.5 Million
- No Equity: We don’t usually take warrants, or other equity securities, as part of our deals
- Quick, Flexible Decisions: Since we are investing our own money, we make decisions quickly and work with our clients to find the best solutions possible for their business
A few of our past clients include:
What is Mezzanine Capital?
Mezzanine finance is the middle of the capital structure of your business. Your ownership forms the foundation of this capital structure. Many companies utilize bank financing as a senior lender. We provide financing that fits between the equity and the senior debt. We may also provide secured financing for companies that aren’t able to obtain a bank loan. While many deals are different, we do have a few guidelines:
- Generally, we are indifferent on the industry, but we have a strong preference for operating companies instead of real estate development
- While we will look at anything in the western United States, we are focused on investing in companies located across the Mountain West
- Typical loan term is up to three years
- Usually, interest only payments until loan maturity
- Use the cash to fund growth, investments in inventory, buy out a partner, etc