Mountain Mezzanine is the investment fund we use to make debt investments in private companies.
Mezzanine finance is the middle of the capital structure of your business. Your ownership forms the foundation of this capital structure. Many companies utilize bank financing as the senior lender. We provide financing that fits between the equity and senior debt. We may also provide secured financing for companies that aren’t able to obtain a bank loan. While many deals are different, we do have a few guidelines:
- Generally, we are indifferent on the industry, but we have a strong preference for operating companies instead of real estate development
- We are focused on investing in companies located across the Mountain West
- We provide loans of $1 Million – $5 Million
- Typical loan term is up to three years
- Typically, interest only payments until loan maturity
- Use the cash to fund growth, investments in inventory, etc